Read about the exciting results we got with our essential skills training. Cosmetica Cosmetica Laboratories operates in Ontario and most of their employees at the time of the project spoke English as a second language. The company has experienced tremendous growth in recent years. Click the image below to …
AWES has the workplace essential skills tools and services your organization needs
Alberta Workforce Essential Skills Society (AWES) provides workplace training that supports all aspects of a workers’ career path. This includes training trainers, assessing skills, uncovering gaps, developing programming and evaluating the results of our essential skills training.
Our goal is simple: for workers to have the essential skills they need to fully participate in the workplace, in their communities, and in their personal lives.
What makes AWES unique
- We provide fully customized, relevant training to your organization because we listen first to what you need
- We collaborate with employers and other partners
- We view essential skills training through the lens of the employer and the employee
- We know how essential skills can improve productivity, safety and the bottom line for employers
- We understand how essential skills can help workers attain and retain employment
- We develop a customized approach tailored to individuals and workplaces
The importance of essential skills
Jobs at all levels continue to increase in complexity. This means workers need to continue to build on their essential skills to evolve with their jobs and adapt to an ever-changing workplace.